Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.doecaa.org
Unless specifically noted otherwise, all content of this website is the property of and is protected under copyright laws. You may view, copy, print, download, and use content from our website solely for your personal, noncommercial use and provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. However, you may not use, modify, transmit, republish, upload, or distribute in any way the content of our website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, and graphics, without the written permission of DOECAA.
While DOECAA uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information in this website, DOECAA makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness. This website may provide links or reference to other sites, but DOECAA has no responsibility for the content of other such sites. Further, DOECAA shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the use of other such sites and/or their content. Any links within this website to other sites are provided solely as a convenience to our website visitors.
We use standard security measures. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our website will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this policy.
Websites under the control of DOECAA are not designed with the intent to attract the collection of information from individuals under the age of 13. DOECAA does not knowingly collect information from these individuals, and requests that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us while viewing a DOECAA website.
DOECAA is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit our website without disclosing personal information. If you choose to provide information, DOECAA may collect personally identifiable information that you provide, such as your name and your personal work address, telephone number, or email address. DOECAA may also collect anonymous aggregated demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. Our goal in collecting personal information online is to provide you personalized and accurate information that meets your needs, and ensures that your visit to our site is quick, easy, and productive.
Please know that all messages sent to or from our site can be accessed by specific authorized internet users within DOECAA. To protect your privacy, please do not use our contact feature to communicate confidential information. Although we make every effort to maintain confidentiality, DOECAA shall not be held liable to protect confidential information that you choose to disclose when using the contact feature.
DOECAA may keep track of the web pages users visit in order to determine what features and services are the most popular and to improve our delivery of information.
Please know that all messages sent to or from our site can be accessed by authorized users within DOECAA. To protect your privacy, please do not use our contact feature to communicate confidential information. Although we make every effort to maintain confidentiality, DOECAA will not be responsible for protecting confidential information that you choose to disclose to or through our site.
If you upload profile images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Login cookies last for 15 days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Who we share your data with
We won’t knowingly share user data with anyone without your consent, except that we may disclose data to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, if we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations; to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims asserted against DOECAA; to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity; or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from users:
- Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including things like name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and IP address. We collect some personal information that falls into this category. For example, for a DOECAA member we will have an email address and payment information (like a credit card). We may collect IP addresses, identifiers from the devices you might use to connect, and characteristics about the networks you use when you connect to our website. These sorts of identifiers are connected to your DOECAA account.
- Characteristics of protected classifications: This covers a broad range of information like race, sex, marital status, among other protected classes. We may collect this sort of information about you if you choose to participate in optional surveys, , in person interviews, or panels. We do not collect this information when you register to use this site.
- Commercial information: This includes information about products or services considered, obtained or purchased.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: We offer online content, so we collect personal information in this category, like your interactions with our website and content.
- Geolocation data: Our website does not collect precise geolocation data from GPS sensors. However, we do collect IP addresses from which we can determine your general location (such as your city, state/province, and postal code).
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information: We may collect photos, audio and/or video of you in certain circumstances. For example, if you join an online meeting, we may record the event.
Last Updated: May 31, 2023